Tuesday 29 May 2012

Book Review

 Here is my attempt at a book review.
My Mum gave me this book a while ago after loving it herself. It had been sitting on my dressing table for a good few months just waiting to be read. I knew I would get around to it but the size of it put me off. Yesterday morning I was off school sick and I had the morning free, so I though no better time than the present. Within a few pages I was lost in the words and forgot I was reading. I started the book at 7.30am and finished it a few hours later at 10.30am. This may make me sound like a fast reader but that is the beauty of the book, it is half words and half pictures.
The words are telling one story and the illustrations are telling another. During the story you follow a boy called Ben on quest to find his father. Along the way pieces of the puzzle are pieced together and in the end.......well, I will let you read that.
I would highly recommend this book for many reasons.

1: It is an easy read and you dont need to commit to a weeks worth of late night reading sessions.
2: The two stories being told through words and pictures is a way in which the reader is intrigued
to the very end when you discover the way they are connected.
3: It makes you want to live in a museum.
And 4.....It is a really good read, trust me.

Now my review might not be convincing so I think you must go out and read it yourself. Have a three hour read and let me know what you think.

Wonder Struck by Brian Selznick.


No comments:

Post a Comment